Recycling Collection: A-WEEK, May 13 - 17, 2013
NEWS: Manchester Police Annouce a Permanent Prescription Medication Collection Box click here
NEWS: Free Electronics Recycling now available to all Town Residents click here
NEWS: Plastic Container #3 through #7 Recycling begins on May 1, 2010 click here
NEWS: Public Recycling Locations Available for Town Residents click here
Have you received an orange Customer Education Tag? Click here to learn more.
New Solid Waste Ordinance Takes Effect on November 1, 2009, please click here
- The Town of Manchester provides bi-weekly, automated single-stream recycling collection, using town provided blue recycling carts. Residents are reminded that recycling collection is bi-weekly, or every other week, and should refer to the recycling calendar to determine their particular week of recycling collection, or they may look up their street by clicking here.
- For information on all of the Town's residential curbside collection programs (Trash, Yard Waste & Bulk Waste)
please click here - Manchester Curbside Collection Programs
If you would like to submit questions/concerns/comments about Single Stream Recycling or other recycling matters, please email Brooks Parker or contact him at (860) 647-5279.
General Preparation Guidelines for Single-Stream Recycling:
- All recyclable materials should be mixed loose in the blue recycling cart, no sorting or separation of recycled materials is necessary
- Absolutely NO PLASTIC BAGS
- Absolutely NO TRASH; trash is to be placed into the Green Trash Cart
- Cardboard and Paperboard should be flattened to conserve space inside the recycling cart
- Food and Beverage containers should be rinsed clean, a thorough washing is NOT required
- Keep the Blue Recycling Cart lid closed to keep the recyclable materials dry
- Shredded paper should be secured in a brown paper grocery bag
Drop-Off Recycling Reminder: If you have an overflow of recyclable materials in your new Single-Stream Recycling Cart, there are three convenient drop-off recycling locations throughout the Town where any and all recyclables can be deposited at any time. Click here for more information.
- Town Hall - Parking Lot, 41 Center Street;
- Senior Center - Parking Lot, 549 East Middle Turnpike (separate box for soft/hardcover book recycling)
- Tolland Turnpike Fire Station - Corner of Deming Street, 331 Tolland Tpke;
- Also, during regular operating hours only: Manchester Transfer Station - 1 Landfill Way
(separate boxes for telephone books and soft/hardcover books recycling at 263 Olcott Street).